I couldn’t resist when I saw this recipe on Facebook. PUMPKIN MUFFINS! It’s Fall!! The kitchen smelled simply divine while they were baking. Who knew Gluten and Dairy Free could be so delicious? AND I served them without mentioning the GF/DF fact. No one could believe it after they tasted the rich and moist muffins!
I decided to make some mini muffins for snacking, along with the regular size. The recipe makes enough for 18 regular muffins or 12 muffins and 12 mini muffins, or 24 mini muffins. If you are going to freeze any, I would suggest using cupcake holders. Fill the tins over the top. These do not rise much during baking. Enjoy!
- 1½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1¼ cups xylitol or ½ cup xylitol and ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup safflower oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 15oz can of pumpkin (the real stuff - pumpkin puree)
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- Mix all wet ingredients in one bowl and all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir each well.
- Then mix dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Do not over mix or your muffins will be tough.
- Bake at 365 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Makes 12 regular muffins (bake 25-30 min) and 24 mini muffins (bake 11-14 min)
What do you think?