I have always had a happy/sad relationship with Labor Day. When I was a kid, it was the last holiday before school started. I was usually so excited to get back to school because it meant constant time with my friends. I never saw enough of my friends in the summer, so getting to go back to school (even with the work) seemed like such a great thing. But the sad part was always–vacation is OVER! No more sleeping in, no more beach days, sleep-overs and so much more!
Now that I am older and working, I don’t have the same level of excitement or dread about the coming Fall. Some of the same things still make me sad–no more beach days, having to wear shoes, it’s going to get cold and we will get snow! On the bright side, I do have a few Fall traditions that still ‘excite’ me.
- Open the windows! I love fresh air and with the weather changing a bit, I can actually open the windows in the morning and evening.
- Re-sort my clothes. Summer clothes get a final cleaning and then most are packed in a bottom drawer for the year.
- Drink Pumpkin Spice Coffee. My favorite brand is by Timothy’s and I am just waiting for CoffeeMate to bring out their Pumpkin Spice Creamer!
- Buy a new calendar. I know, I am not in school, but I LOVE walking through Staples or Target and looking at all the cool stuff available! I did splurge and buy a few new pens, but am still waiting for my calendar to arrive from Levenger.
- Clean off my home office desk, get new file folders, get more organized (a 5 hour task this week!)
- Yard work (OK, this does not really excite me, but I’ve got to get the summer overgrowth cut back before the leaves start falling!)