I love my iPhone and want to keep it safe, so I have always had a case on the phone. A few weeks ago I saw a site that would put your personal picture or design on a case. It was wildly expensive and I wondered if there were a way to do it myself. Then I saw a friend’s case and it had a clear back (so the Apple logo would always be visible). I went on a search and found just what I was looking for on Amazon, Belkin Clear Case. Amazon had lots of clear cases, but this one looked like the best protection for my phone. And it comes in several colors.
And then….I went DIY crazy. Here are a few pictures of the process and my instructions! Enjoy! If you do make one for yourself or a friend, please pin a picture on my Pinterest Board.
1. Supplies needed: heavy/clear plastic, straight edge, pencil (for marking the hole), permanent maker for tracing, pointed scissors, exacto knife, corner trimmer, paper scraps, photos, logos, etc
2. Make a template of the finished insert. I used stiff, clear plastic so I could use it to center designs/pictures. I first outlined the entire phone and cut out. After that it was a bit of a guess as I trimmed a little at a time. First from one side, then the other. After I had a tight and flat fit, I cut the corners using a photo corner trimmer.
3. Use the template on old decorated scraps of paper, pictures, designs, sayings, the list is endless. Use a marker, on the reverse side, to trace the template. Trim. Helpful hint–I used an exacto knife to cut out the camera hole. Take your time! On thin paper, quick cuts could lead to ripped paper.
4. I printed my photos on photo paper because it looked better through the cover. You can also add a few embellishments, depending on how tight the case fits the camera.
5. OK–now go crazy. Think of the possibilities….gifts, holiday themed covers, words to inspire you, photos to share, props for your favorite team…..Here’s my current choice, the newest member of our family!